This procedure outlines the steps that should be followed to place equipment off campus at a remote site or an employee's home.
Equipment owned/managed by the Institute may be used at a remote site or at home by Georgia Tech faculty/staff employees, provided the following criteria are met:
1. The equipment is used only for Georgia Tech business.
2. Use of the equipment off site or at home will not interfere with the operational needs of the college/department.
3. Home use is approved by the appropriate Dean/Director/Department Head.
Individuals who receive college/department approval to remove equipment from the campus should complete an Equipment Loan Agreement Form. This form can be downloaded from the following site: http://www.business.gatech.edu/cont_web/caadForms.html.
1. Print name of person using equipment.
2. Enter the location (address) where the equipment will be used.
3. Enter the reason for using the equipment off campus.
4. Enter Georgia Tech decal number.
5. Enter a short description of the asset, including serial number, model and replacement cost.
6. Sign Form and enter telephone number.
7. Enter Employee ID Number.
8. Print Department Name and have Dean/Director/Department Head sign and date form. The form should be retained in the unit for audit and insurance recovery purposes. Unit staff should contact Risk Management (4-3483) to obtain information on how to insure the property off site.
9. The Unit Head or his designee (Property Coordinator) must update the Asset Management System to indicate that the equipment item is now off-site. Training for use of the Asset Management System can be obtained by registering for class at: http://www.business.gatech.edu/cont_web/caadTrain.html